Subject: Re: cgd1: error 30
To: Petar Bogdanovic <p.netbsd@2005.smokva.net>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/09/2006 16:39:12
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Petar Bogdanovic wrote:

[...]

>> - Also write a disklabel for the cgd, retry

> Impossible because of 'read-only'. :(

[...]

> Here is the description of the same problem incl. some kind of a workaround -
> but I can't read swedish!

> http://forum.netbsd.se/viewtopic.php?id=238

Since I can, here's a summary:

1. B_S says "When I'm writing a disklabel to a newly created cgd unit I
get the following error:"

2. tnn says "What does the disklabel for the partition where the cgd
partition lives look like?  A tip: Don't start a cgd or RAID partition on
cylinder 0. (I always use cylinder 1)"

3. B_S says "Thanks for the tip!  That solved it."

Hope that helps.  And remember, don't blame the translator if you lose
any valuable data.  :-)

MAgnus