Subject: Problem with ex0
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2006 16:35:35
When changing hdd, I've replaced network adaptor too. And it caused another
problem: system is unable to configure card at the boot-time. It says:

ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Invalid argument

Googling around I've found, that it's caused by selecting improper media
type for the adaptor. I was using old ISA-adaptor 3C509TP before, which has
been replaced with 3C905B.

Both cards are using 10baseT - but I tried to write into /etc/ifconfig.ex0
the others: "auto", "autoselect", "100baseTX" - without any positive
result.

So, what exactly for media type is supported by 3C905B? The card is
properly recognized at boottime - but just cannot be configured. Man page
for "ex" is very spartan - nothing interesting there.
--
				pozdrawiam / regards

						Zbigniew Baniewski