Subject: Re: 8 button mouse (mighty mouse) seen as 6 buttons only ?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@spamcop.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/23/2006 19:41:03
> I wonder if the other two buttons are USB events that you can sense
> with usbhidctl and respond to with usbhidaction

The mouse is set to /dev/wsmouse1

When I try to use usbhidctl over it, it says the device is busy
under X. If I quit X and try to loop that command using -l it
does not loop. It says :

[root][4] usbhidctl -f /dev/wsmouse1 -l -a
usbhidctl: USB_GET_REPORT_DESC

Whatever the command, it always reports the same string.

I tried -a -v, -l -a, -a -a -v

:/

Polling the internal mouse reports the same thing (the laptop has a
trackball set to /dev/wsmouse0 but X is configured for /dev/wsmouse1 only).

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;
fsck ; umount ; sleep