Subject: 6 button mouse (mighty mouse) seen as 6 buttons only ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@spamcop.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2006 21:07:33
When plugging an Apple Mouse, it is detected as 6 buttons by NetBSD
it seems :

ums0 at uhidev0 : 4 buttons and Z dir

That makes us 6 buttons. But I think that mouse as 8 buttons.

Using xev I get :

left click = 1
middle click = 2
right click = 3

and the scroll button as 4 possibles moves : up, down, left and right

left scroll is seen as 6
right scroll is seen as 5

up and down scroll do not generate any xev event.

I have those lines in my /etc/X11/XF86Config :

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "wsmouse"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/wsmouse1"
        Option      "Buttons" "8"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "5 6 7 8"
EndSection

I cannot get the scroll up or down to work. All I can do is map the
left and right scroll to those functions (scrolling left and right to move
the window contents up or down).

Is that because the mouse is detected as having only 6 buttons ?

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;
fsck ; umount ; sleep