Subject: pf stops logging?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2006 14:23:50
--------------enigA46F0DE14B91A179C6957693

Hello all,

   I have set up a pf logging system on two different NetBSD-systems.
Both of them are running NetBSD/i386 3.0.

   The logging system is pretty simple. It consists of a python script
which reads from pflog0 (using tcpdump), parses the output and inserts
it into a postgresql database.

   The odd thing is that sometimes is suddenly stops logging. All
processes seem to be running fine, but nothing is being inserted into
the database (even though I do things that are supposed to be logged). I
tried to run tcpdump on the command line, and it didn't output anything.

   So I restarted pflogd, and that seemed to fix it. This has happened
several times on both systems. It's somewhat annoying, since I'm missing
log entries because of this.

Is this problem unheard of?

--=20
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.