Subject: Re: video cards
To: <>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/14/2006 16:36:13
Rick Kelly writes:
> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht said:
> >  Asus ATI Radeon 9200se   (PCI)  ~$50
> >  Asus ATI Radeon ax300sex (PCIe) ~$60

Oops.  That "PCI" should read "AGP".  Acronym confusion...
> How about Diamond Stealth S80 128MB PCI Video Card? That seems to be as
> close as it gets. Asus doesn't even list them on their site anymore. They
> do have an AGP version.

That seems to be the same card as the Asus.  What is somewhat
confusing is that some pictures show a single VGA output, others a DVI
and VGA.  (Mine has VGA and DVI connectors.)

> The machine behind me is a fairly fast AMD box that has a 4x AGP slot. In the
> drawer next to me is an ATI Radeon 64MB AGP 2x card. Of course, it won't fit
> the 4x slot. There are at least 4 different standards for AGP
> cards.

Interesting.  I guess I lucked out and never put a really new card in
a really old mobo or vice versa.

I did notice a change in PCI also.  A new sk-chip PCI Gigabit ethernet
card won't be recognized by an old PPRO motherboard that I have.