Subject: Re: PCI card orientation (was: Re: supported 3.3V PCI cards (sound and TV))
To: David Laight <>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2006 17:52:14
David Laight <> wrote:

> > There are some PCI boards that are correctly oriented (e.g.: some quad
> > port ethernet boards). How are the different board orientation called? =
> > thought the orientation reflected the 3.3V vs 5V difference, but I now
> > believe it's wrong.
> RTFM for the 4801 - it tells you which voltage the slot is, and NOT to
> insert cards of the other sort upside down.

I just discovered there was a manual :-)

Chuck Swiger says all modern boards are 3.3V boards. Is that wrong? I
purchased a WinTV a few weeks ago, so I assume it's a 3.3V device, but
it does inserts upside down.

Will that board work with the 4801? If it does, can I have it correctly

Emmanuel Dreyfus
Un bouquin en fran=E7ais sur BSD: