Subject: PCI card orientation (was: Re: supported 3.3V PCI cards (sound and TV))
To: Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2006 17:06:54
Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com> wrote:

> > What 3.3V PCI sound card supported by NetBSD are available?
> > Is there any brooktree-based 3.3V PCI card on the market? Any 3.3V TV
> > card (with any chip, not only brooktree) at all?
> Almost all modern PCI 2.x cards will be 3.3V or universally keyed; 5V
> cards are obsolete.

Next question on PCI boards: the soekris 4801 PCI slot is oriented so
that the PCI boards I insert in it has the external connectors oriented
to the rear pannel. The electronics is also oriented on the opposite
side as the soekris main board.

There are some PCI boards that are correctly oriented (e.g.: some quad
port ethernet boards). How are the different board orientation called? I
thought the orientation reflected the 3.3V vs 5V difference, but I now
believe it's wrong.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz