Subject: idiot (was: more info)
To: <>
From: Jan Danielsson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2006 13:19:10

Jan Danielsson wrote:
>    So somehow it is aware of that it booting up, and then it forces the=

> use of /usr/pkg/pgsql, which doesn't make sence in any way I can see it=
> Anyone know how to fix this?

   I'm an idiot. I read the /etc/rc.d/pgsql for two seconds and I
realized how I could fix it. I simply changed the pgsql user's home
directory. On boot, it will use the pgsql user's home directory, if it
is restarted it will use the rc.conf pgsql_home.

   The reason I didn't even try was because I know very little about
shell programming. I've tried to understand those startup scripts
before, but only gotten confused.

Next time I'll at least give it a quick look before giving up.

Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)