Subject: Re: trying to patch sk for SK9S1D adapter
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/2006 09:57:51
--------------enigE3FC418690AED07526A5F1B7

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 03:21:17PM +0100, Florian Heigl wrote:
>  =20
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that 3_STABLE brought support for the Marvell-based 'new'
>> Syskonnect network adapters.
>> While mine is quite identical to the 9521 / 9821v2 adapters listed
>> in the man page, it is currently not detected by the driver, because
>> it has a different product ID due it being PCI-X.
>>    =20
>
> I don't think "quite identical" is correct.  If it's PCI-X, I am pretty=

> sure it's not a Yukon (which we support) but a Yukon 2/Yukon XL, which =
we
> don't.  The differences between Yukon and Yukon 2 are sufficiently grea=
> that I strongly suspect a completely new driver that shared some (but n=
ot
> nearly all) datastructures with the existing 'sk' driver is the best wa=
> to handle them.
>
> Thor
>  =20

I've been working a bit on our current sk(4) driver, and I'd be
interested in doing the Yukon 2 pieces (up to and including splitting it
into a new driver, if necessary), but I'm crippled by an acute lack of
hardware at the moment.  If someone could either send me a card or point
me at an inexpensive (< $US100, please) example, I'd be happy to take a
crack at it...

(now, if I could just get someone to review the changes to sk(4) I
posted to tech-net a few days ago... ;)

+j