Subject: trying to patch sk for SK9S1D adapter
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Heigl <floh@deranfangvomen.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/2006 15:21:17
Hi,

I noticed that 3_STABLE brought support for the Marvell-based 'new'
Syskonnect network adapters.
While mine is quite identical to the 9521 / 9821v2 adapters listed
in the man page, it is currently not detected by the driver, because
it has a different product ID due it being PCI-X.

I found the - hopefully - correct struct in if_sk.c, but have no=20
idea where to find the correct string to put in there.

in dmesg the card appears as:

Schneider & Koch product 0x9000 (ethernet network, revision
0x11) at pci1 dev 6 function 0 not configured

which is a lot less info than I seem to need for this:
} sk_products[] =3D {
	{ PCI_VENDOR_3COM, PCI_PRODUCT_3COM_3C940, },
	{ PCI_VENDOR_DLINK, PCI_PRODUCT_DLINK_DGE530T, },
	{ PCI_VENDOR_LINKSYS, PCI_PRODUCT_LINKSYS_EG1032, },
	{ PCI_VENDOR_LINKSYS, PCI_PRODUCT_LINKSYS_EG1064, },
	{ PCI_VENDOR_SCHNEIDERKOCH, PCI_PRODUCT_SCHNEIDERKOCH_SKNET_GE, },
	{ PCI_VENDOR_SCHNEIDERKOCH, PCI_PRODUCT_SCHNEIDERKOCH_SK9821v2, },
	{ PCI_VENDOR_GALILEO, PCI_PRODUCT_GALILEO_SKNET, },
	{ PCI_VENDOR_GALILEO, PCI_PRODUCT_GALILEO_BELKIN, },
	{ 0, 0, }
};

How can I query a pci vendor/model ID using NetBSD?=20
Am I right to insert it here?

Florian

--=20

florian heigl			 http://deranfangvomen.de/

Grid Computing erfreut sich gerade bei Windows-Nutzern sehr regem Zuspruch,=
 auch
wenn die Rechnerbesitzer meist nichts von ihrem Gl=FCck wissen. --f. weimer