Subject: Re: KDE pkg install
To: Brian Asemi <asemisldkfj@gmail.com>
From: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/02/2006 09:37:46

> > I went through all of that for years.  Then I learned about pkg_comp.  =
 That helped a lot because it builds packages without disrupting your enjoy=
ment of your computer.

> > After a couple of years of that, I got tired of waiting for pkg_comp.  =
I decided that I wanted my computer to be more of an appliance and less of =
a hobby, so when NetBSD 3.0 came out, I gave up pkg_comp.  Now, I just use =
the binary packages on ftp.netbsd.org.  It's such a joy to not have to wait=
 around for packages to build.  They just install!

> I would use them, but I use X.org from pkgsrc, and all of the binary
> pkgs on the FTP are built with the base X11 :/.

Do your own bulk-builds of pkgsrc using xorg.  :)