Subject: Re: Login stuff + netbsd bankrupt ??
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/31/2006 19:58:58
It occurred to me that Marc Coevoet wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.general:
> I'm starting to think that a system that is installed like that, you
> should declare it bankrupt ??

If you want to play it that way:

PEBCAK.

It works for lots of people. Several people have offered to help, but
you've offered NONE, ZILCH, NADA, NO required information. And exactly
*there* is where support ends.

NetBSD installs just fine. You decided to screw it up, by editing files
without having even the slightest bit of clue. So it broke. Tough luck.

I even tried to be helpful on you. What a waste of time.

> I thought "open"bsd was for secutity freaks ???

Yes. Just in case you hadn't realised it: This is called *NET*bsd. Which
doesn't make security any less of an issue - and certainly not a *NON*issue.

> I'v been working on a netbsd mac68k in 1994-96 ...  But now I'm tired,
> when I see the kind of discussions here...

What discussions?

> Somebody sees a file system soft to mount HFS, they don't ask the
> authors@univ if it can be used, they start a discussion about licenses

And rightly so. Why assume that "authors@univ" (whatever that may be) will
change the license to the "file system soft" (whatever that may be) ?

> Somewhere in LAME, I had to set an /etc file and say yeah, I agree, how
> symbolic is that??

Sorry, you lost me there. Maybe -just maybe- you might consider being less
cryptic about what you are trying to say. I can't make heads nor tails about
your point - even while I am Dutch, so I *should* be able to understand
Dunglish.

> I guess that when you deal a complete /etc-license file that you will get in
> netbsd jail ???  (It's all free-to-use soft, non-commercial ..)

Dude, can I have something of what you're smoking? It appears to be quite
strong.

--
    Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333