Subject: using index commands (index and get) with netbsd's majordomo to
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbert.fernandes@spamcop.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/29/2006 18:56:25
Hello.

I hope this is the good list for this question.

I am trying to recover the NetBSD mailing-lists, so I would be able
to put on Internet mbox files for each mailing-list, year by year.
This would let me, and other people, grab mbox files and use them
from their favorite client :)

So I sent majordomo a "index list_name" command. It reports
something like this :

total 181432
-rw-r--r--  1 alias  daemon       34 Jan 15 09:07 .config
-rw-r--r--  1 alias  daemon   309377 Jan 29 01:18 .current
-rw-r--r--  1 alias  daemon     1874 Jan 15 09:07 info
-rw-r--r--  1 alias  daemon  2500858 Jul 25  1999 netbsd-advocacy.0000

So then I tried to ask majordomo to sent me the first
file, by sending an email to it with command "get netbsd-advocacy.0000"

I was hoping I could grab each file, concatenate them and produce
a big mbox file for each mailing-list and then cut it year by year
(in fact, the aim would be to put a script that would cut it with
your own settings and then you can grab the cutted down mbox files)

But trying to use the get command seems to fail on me :

**** get: unknown list 'netbsd-advocacy.0000'.

Am I using it improperly ?

--
unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;
fsck ; umount ; sleep