Subject: Re: practical RAIDframe questions
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/27/2006 19:07:30
On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 09:10:02PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> >   Is this ok?  I'm not sure whether/how the "layout" or "queue"
> >   sections could be optimized.
>
> Nothing for layout, and as you have IDE disks, nothing for queues.  With
> SCSI disks and a smart SCSI controller, you can bump queue to 255 to have
> as much queued command as possible at the drive level.

Are there other things I can tune?  I've read vague things about filesystem
block/fragsize, but no clear advice on how to set them (if they must be
tuned differently when used on RAID at all).

Also what about the disklabel info on the RAID?  Must I e.g. adapt things
like tracksize to match those of the physical disks, or does this info mean
nothing on raid devices?

Thanks for the hints,

	Geert