Subject: RE: Picking a default route from multiple dhclient-managed interfaces
To: 'Steven M. Bellovin' <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Michael D. Spence <spence@panix.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/23/2006 20:28:53

Thanks, I'll give that a try.  Do you suppose an alias and a custom
dhclient-script would've worked, though?  I was thinking that would
allow me to do failover because it looked to me like I'd get informed
of losing the lease and other such things.  That way, if something
happened to the regular modem or interface I could change the routing
to use whatever IP the second interface was assigned, then change it
back if the first one came back to life.