Subject: Re: OT: OpenVMS Licenses (Was: NetBSD/vax emulated by simh)
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Gary Parker <G.J.Parker@lboro.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/18/2006 16:11:07
Ed Wensell III wrote:
>>It would appear you need to be a member of your country's DECUS chapter
>>to apply for a hobbyist license and most articles online mention free
>>membership if all you're after is the license but all the DECUS sites
>>seem to have become Encompass now and are charging ~£50 for individual
>>membership. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the hobbyist
>>licenses for free anymore?

Thanks to Ed, Michael and Luca for their replies.

It turned out that as I work at a University I can actually sign up with
HP for their educational OpenVMS license, which I've just done.

However, it still appears that I'll have to pay for a media set ad they
don't provide the software for download...unless someone knows better?

G.