Subject: User that I didn't add appearing on NetBSD system
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Eric <kellybelly@gwi.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/2006 11:13:59
I've been using NetBSD 2.0 for a few months, and just configured kdm so
that I can log-in graphically.  When I did so, I noticed two other users
- "nobody" and "cyrus" - listed on the display.

I'm not that concerned about "nobody", but what/who is "cyrus"?  I
haven't added any other users to the system.  Cyrus' "Full Name"
according to kusers begins with instmp.  Is this a user needed for the
system, or has my system been compromised (I configured my own ipf
firewall based on an example from the FreeBSD handbook, and haven't felt
100% comfortable with my work).

I'd like to delete "cyrus" but don't want to muck things up.