Subject: Re: anyone using drupal?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/04/2006 14:42:26
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 05:00:02PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> Is anyone using drupal (www.drupal.org -- it's an open source content
> management system) on netbsd?  It's not in pkgsrc, but given that it's
> PHP-based I suspect that a package could be built fairly easily.

I remember hearing about the firefox advocacy site being taken down due
to a drupal security issue.  However, I am interested in learning more
about drupal, because of its popularity.

From what I have seen of other PHP applications, they are typically
heavily modified after installation; often not full-powered out of the
box, and requiring a hodge-podge of 3rd party extensions and modules.

Is there a way to automatically apply local patches to extracted
distfiles without modifying the pkgsrc Makefiles?

Ben