Subject: Re: Upgrade to 3.0 loses Symbios Logic 53c896?
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/03/2006 22:02:41
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 12:10:05PM -0600, Peter Eisch wrote:

> I have an external hardware raid disk that I bring on as sd0a on this system
> (Compaq ML530) but since updating to 3.0 I'm hozed.  Note the problems as it
> tries to bring up the second integrated 53c896 controller:
>
> NetBSD 3.0 (GENERIC) #4: Tue Dec 27 11:13:56 CST 2005
>
> [...]
> rccide0 at pci0 dev 15 function 1
> rccide0: ServerWorks OSB4 IDE Controller (rev. 0x00)
> rccide0: bus-master DMA support present
> rccide0: primary channel configured to compatibility mode
> rccide0: primary channel interrupting at irq 14
> atabus0 at rccide0 channel 0
> rccide0: secondary channel configured to compatibility mode
> rccide0: secondary channel interrupting at irq 15
> atabus1 at rccide0 channel 1
> [...]
> scsibus0 at esiop0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
> esiop1 at pci3 dev 4 function 1: Symbios Logic 53c896 (ultra2-wide scsi)
> esiop1: using on-board RAM
> intr_establish: pic pic0 pin 15: can't share type 2 with 3
> esiop1: couldn't establish interrupt at irq 15

Well, the problem is that the BIOS configured esiop1 at IRQ 15 while
it seems that the secondary channel of the IDE controller already
have it.
Do you know if this motherboard really has 2 IDE channels ? Chan you check
the BIOS and see if the second channel is enabled or disabled ?
Do you have the dmesg of the previous, working NetBSD installation ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>