Subject: Re: pxe installer?
To: None <>
From: George Georgalis <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/29/2005 11:46:20
On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 11:27:28AM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
>Is there an established way to do PXE 3.0 installs?
>I'm thinking about making these machines diskless, but the $WORK
>plan is use the installed hd, but there is no cdrom.
>Opening them, to temp use a cdrom drive for the install, is an
>option but I would prefer not doing that for every install.
>PXE env + ssh for a remote start of the installer would be ideal.
>I think dflybsd supports this through what's
>the status for netbsd? are the parts portable enough to make this
>"straightforward" to deploy or would extraction and re-development
>be required?

well I found this
which says

  Have you tried the INSTALL kernel?  It includes an
  md(4) root image and boots into sysinst.

Which led me to find
Netbooting to install to a local hard drive

...Maybe that will work :)

// George

George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator <IXOYE>< cell:646-331-2027