Subject: pxe installer?
To: None <>
From: George Georgalis <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/29/2005 11:27:28
Is there an established way to do PXE 3.0 installs?

I'm thinking about making these machines diskless, but the $WORK
plan is use the installed hd, but there is no cdrom.

Opening them, to temp use a cdrom drive for the install, is an
option but I would prefer not doing that for every install.

PXE env + ssh for a remote start of the installer would be ideal.
I think dflybsd supports this through what's
the status for netbsd? are the parts portable enough to make this
"straightforward" to deploy or would extraction and re-development
be required?

// George

George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator <IXOYE>< cell:646-331-2027