Subject: screen caption Re: Using color in PS1 of the Korn Shell with ANSI escape codes
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/26/2005 21:49:23
On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 02:39:51AM +0100, Gilbert Fernandes wrote:
>I use Korn. I really disklike bash for plenty reasons, especially their
>habit to prefix their scripts with /bin/sh instead of /bin/bash (unless
>this has changed recently) which leads to annoyances when mixing real sh
>scripts in a legacy server where bash has been installed for a user, which
>thens tried to use real-sh scripts from his bash which tries to run them
>happily with results neither the user nor I did appreciate ;)

snicker... if you are running linux, you can install the ash
shell, a /bin/sh symlink to it will help you discover which
scripts break before you run them in *BSD.

>I combine it with screen so I have the date, time, load and other not so
>useful information on screen at all time :o)
>
>(screenrc and other dotfiles available on request)

I'd like to see your screenrc, here's mine

autodetach on
startup_message off
pow_detach_msg "Screen session of \$USER \$:cr:\$:nl:ended."
caption always "${USER}@%H: %w"

and I always invoke with (authors favorite) -DR; a right justified
date/zone, disk/swap/mem free and load would be cool, to leach ;)

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org