Subject: Re: Problem making PHP5 under NetBSD 2.1.0_STABLE
To: None <>
From: haad <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/21/2005 17:41:34

Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> 2005/12/20, Gerardo Alvarez <>:
>>Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4 <at>> writes:
>>>I just completed apache2/php5/mysql5 installation on one of my i386
>>boxes -
>>under 3.99.14 (doubt if there is any difference, though).  I have never
>>had any
>>problems doing this -  but then I install php-mysql as a module - I don't
>>have mysql installed when I first install php5. The sequence is:
>>lang/php5, www/ap-php, databases/mysql5-server, databases/php-mysql.
>>I will try to uninstall and reinstall in this order, and if it keeps
>>failing I
>>might update NetBSD, although maybe I will wait for 3.0 final (RC6 was
>>last week)
>>What is 3.99.14?
> Yes. I have been running it on all bar one of my NetBSD machines (one is 2.1,
> four -  current) without any major problems (including on the laptop I
> currently write this - connected via a Belkin cardbus wireless adapter using
> WPA-PSK...
> The last digits change from time to time, I have no idea when that becomes
> necessary, but my guess is when some kernel change brings some
> incompatibilites. Someone more knowledgeable might enlighten us...
> regards
> Cheers.

So look here
,if you want know something about NetBSD numbering scheme.

3.99.14 is actual version number of NetBSD-current ,which is "bleeding
edge" of NetBSD development.

number changes when some new feature is implemented or something
important is done e.g. import readahead branch from Yamamoto san.

Cheers :)

- --
Adam Hamsik
ICQ 249727910
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand
binary numbers, and those who don't.
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -