Subject: Re: backup utilities
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/19/2005 23:14:59
On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 09:41:12AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On 12/18/05, Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de> wrote:
> > I am currently preparing an article/lecture about NetBSD and Backups
> > and am still looking for further software.
>
> There are at least a few commercial solutions which will run on, say,
> Linux, Solaris, AIX or HP-UX where you can NFS mount the NetBSD box
> and back it up that way. I think people do this.
>
> Probably not very elegant though.

There used to be a binary of networker client available at last for
some arches for NetBSD (at last i386, sparc and alpha). I used it 4 years ago
to backup NetBSD system against a solaris networker server. I've since
then switched to amanda, but I think these binaries are still available,
and should still run thanks to NetBSD's backward compatibility.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>