Subject: Re: Using objdump from x86 to disassemble MIPS binaries
To: None <>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/18/2005 18:27:33
> You could always build the tools for a mips netbsd build, then use
> the objdump that is (IIRC) built as part of the tools.

That's the conclusion I came to. Using to build
the tools, using the -m option.

There are two mips targets, according to endianess.

A file on a binary shows MSB for Most Significant Bit,
so it's big endian.

Something strange though : I have rm -rf /usr/src
to clean up things and used tar to reinstall the NetBSD 2.1
sources. The I get is not executable at all.

I have tried tar zxf for those .tgz packages, and I also
tried tar zxpf but I always get a non-executable

Am I doing something wrong ?

I usually do :

tar zxpf blabla.tgz -C /

for each source tarball I got (src, syssrc and so on).

unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;
fsck ; umount ; sleep