Subject: Building against ncurses (pkgsrc)
To: NetBSD netbsd-users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian Maier <adrian.maier@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/15/2005 09:57:11
Hello,

I'm trying to build a program called citadel (www.citadel.org). And I
have troubles
with the fact that there are two curses libraries in the system:
- one in the base distribution ( /usr/include/curses.h )
- one in pkgsrc   (  /usr/pkg/include/ncurses.h )

This program needs to be built against the ncurses located in /usr/pkg
because:
- it has a global variable fullname that conflicts with a function
  defined in /usr/include/curses.h
- it uses some functions that don't exist in /usr/include/curses.h

So far, the only thing I could to to get the thing built was to
temporarily rename /usr/local/curses.h to c.h , so that the
configure script would believe there is no curses available.

But, I could not find a way to tell it to look into the /usr/pkg/include
directory for ncurses.h.
I've tried to set CFLAGS to "-I/usr/pkg/include  -L/usr/pkg/lib",
with no success.
Does anyone know what else could I try in order to specify the
right directories ?

Thanks,
Adrian Maier