Subject: Re: Miserable NFS performance between NetBSD and MacOS X
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Hammond, Robin-David%KB3IEN <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/13/2005 23:48:54
I am in a position to test netbsd 202 against 3.0 servers, using an OSX

Which brings me to a point, is there a definitaive guide to /etc/exports
for netbsd? It is not like the gnulinux etc/exports i have used before,
and hence I am somewhat out of my depth.

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:27:36 +0000
> From: Matthias Scheler <>
> Subject: Miserable NFS performance between NetBSD and MacOS X
> 	Hello,
> I've got a NetBSD 3.0_RC6 NFS server and a MacOS X 10.3.9 NFS client.
> NFS works fine in general but is miserable slow. Copying a file 300MB
> file takes about an hour. Transfering a file of the same size with
> FTP only takes half a minute. "ttcp" between the two systems runs
> nicely at 90MB/s. The mount parameters in "mounts.byname"
> look like this:
> server:/remote/path /local/path nfs rw,nosuid,nodevs,resvport,tcp 0 0
> Has anybody else seen similar problems? Is there a solution?
> 	Kind regards
> --
> Matthias Scheler

  Microsoft: Where do you want to go tomorrow?
  Linux: Where do you want to go today?
  BSD: Are you guys coming, or what?

Robin-David Hammond	KB3IEN