Subject: [Q] utilization on an network interface?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stephan Pietzko <netbsd@wiki.uni-konstanz.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/2005 19:22:27
Hi all,

how can i see the utilization of my network interface?

I have a mirror running, with sometimes heavy traffic. I like to the
how much of the interface is uses. Or i like to see, if the interface
is saturated.

I have found netstat -s, but that shows only the grand total of
packages.
I also found ntop, but that seems to me a little bit oversized, i
search a small tool with only a small footprint or a included
systemtool. The server has a good network connection, but only a samll
cpu.
sysstat seems to have something similar, but i like to see somethink
like 'your 100baseT interface is 80% saturated'. Or maybe a continues
output like top.

tnx Stephan 'Pitz' Pietzko