Subject: Re: No boot messages
To: Thomas Kaepernick <Thomas.Kaepernick@web.de>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/06/2005 18:35:42
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 03:44:48PM +0100, Thomas Kaepernick wrote:

> After the choice of NetBSD the cursor stand in left bottom corner. The last
> BIOS-messages is displaying. I see no kernel messages and no syslog messages.
> Any time later the screen display the login prompt.

That maybe the problem that installboot and/or disklabel have between them
managed to leave the system unbootable.

Try booting from the install media, when you get the countdown
hit the space bar, then type 'boot hd0a:'

If that works you can use installboot to reinstate the boot code.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk