Subject: Re: UPnP Support?
To: Christopher W. Richardson <cwr@nexthop.com>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/01/2005 09:26:15
Christopher W. Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
> 	1) What sort of device do I need to get, which is
>            preferrably small (I'm not looking for a stereo
>            component, and certainly not for a PC), supports
>            802.11, has the appropriate ports to connect to (at
>            least) a stereo and ideally to video, and to which I
>            can stream such data?

Can't really help you there. I have a Buffalo Linktheater networked DVDPlayer,
which isn't small.

>         2) For what should I be searching in pkgsrc to stream to
>            whatever the answer to question #1 is?

Not sure about pkgsrc. The greater community of networked DVD players seem to
use "wizd". I wrote my own for the hell of it, called "llink". The companies
have their own too, PCcast, etc, they are usually java and Windows only.

Now these are media streamers which have UPnP discovery in them, but they are
probably not 100% UPnP? I don't mind adding code if there are bits missing to be
fully compliant.

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman@lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)