Subject: firefox-bin segfault
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter <peter.tynan@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/23/2005 21:41:56
I installed NetBSD 2.1 with Xfree and firefox-bin worked fine.  I then
decied to try using xorg so I did a new install of NetBSD 2.1 without
Xfree and installed Xorg for pkgsrc 2005Q3 this time firefox-bin does
not work.

On running 'firefox-linux' in /usr/pkg/xorg/bin I get the following message

Segmenation fault (core dumped) "${prog}" ${1+"$...

when I try running /usr/pkg/lib/firefox-linux/firefox-bin directly I
get the message

error while loading shared libaries: libmozjs.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Incedently I cannot start firefox-bin from the command line in an
xterm, if I try I get the message

ksh: firefox-bin not found, if I do ls firefox-bin is shown.

any help appreciated.

Peter

--
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact.
Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.