Subject: Re: Screen capture to animated gif
To: Mark Thomas <thomas.s.mark@gmail.com>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/18/2005 16:47:25
2005/11/18, Mark Thomas <thomas.s.mark@gmail.com>:
> On 11/18/05, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com> wrote:
> > "convert file.mpg file.gif" works fine, obviously the animated .gif
> > file is substantially bigger than the source .mpg, so if xvidcap can
> > save to .mpg, this could be the way.
> >
> Really!! I looked through all the docs for convert last night but
> didn't see that one, or think to try it for that matter.

I never bothered to read the manual; a short .mpg file from somewhere
happened to be in my home directory and I just typed the above
command; I thought it wasn't doing anything initially and was about to
interrupt it, when I noticed the output getting bigger; here it is
now: http://www.spidersweb.co.uk/~ci/images/suricata-suricatta.gif
(~3.5mb).

I have to say that I was impressed by ImageMagick...