Subject: solved Re: broke bootblocks
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/03/2005 10:34:43
On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:13:31AM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 09:49:08PM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
>>
>>It has FreeBSD, WinXP and NetBSD on slice 1, 2 and 3; plus
>>Linux on some extended partitions. The last OS I installed
>>was WinXP. I don't really care about the Linux install,
>>but I'd like to get this thing booting slice 1, 2 or 3.
>>
>>I tried "fdisk -B wd0" so I could boot into the other non XP
>>slices, but it only sees Linux as bootable, and that doesn't
>>work.
>>
>>Below is the output of netbsd "fdisk wd0 ; disklabel wd0"
>>from the netbsd 2.0.2 cd.
>>
>>How do I boot this thing?
>>

>BTW - I had also tried fdisk -i but still, fdisk -B says...

The solution was to run "fdisk -iu" and edit each slice, accepting
defaults but providing a "bootmenu" label for each OS.

Go ahead and install the bootcode and write the partition table.

That's it. Now there is a boot option for each OS.

// George

http://galis.org/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org