Subject: Re: ext2 support
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/02/2005 00:18:05
On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 10:24:04PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Use the char device (/dev/rwd1e) instead. You have filled your memory with
> disk blocks, possibly swapping out active processes.

I suspect it is a bug, possibly unrelated to memory exhaustion.
vm.bufcache is only 15% by default, which should prevent filling memory.
vfs_bio.c had a lot of fixes since NetBSD 2 and the problem is not
repeatable under -current. It could be related to the thread "X server
freezes when doing cvs up or untarring large files" which problem I also
can't repeat under 3.0_BETA.

Pavel Cahyna