Subject: Re: thinkpad x41 / iwi network interface / sleep and X
To: None <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/28/2005 11:53:39

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 11:43:59PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> I have a new lapdog, a thinkpad x41.  Working out nicely so far, running
> 3.0_BETA, but there are a few quirks that I need to iron out:
> - the wireless interface, iwi0, occasionally hangs the machine at boot
>   time.  It will configure, but when I try to use it (via dhclient), it
>   will barf a whole bunch of 'iwi0 hardware error' and that's it.

i suggest you to use -current.  there are _lots_ of fixes for iwi(4).

> - if I put the machine to sleep and wake it up again, the wireless
>   interface is no longer usable.  Resetting it hangs the machine.

you should bring the interface down before suspending.

> - if I put the machine to sleep and wake it up again, the X display is
>   shifted down by about half an inch.  This can be corrected by
>   restarting X, but that was never necessary on my old T30 lapdog.

the same thing happens to me on X40.  it also happens when i close the
lid and open it so it's not directly related to suspend/resume rather to
the lid movement.  sounds like X issue, i haven't tracked it down.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)