Subject: thinkpad x41 / iwi network interface / sleep and X
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/27/2005 23:43:59

I have a new lapdog, a thinkpad x41.  Working out nicely so far, running
3.0_BETA, but there are a few quirks that I need to iron out:

- the wireless interface, iwi0, occasionally hangs the machine at boot
  time.  It will configure, but when I try to use it (via dhclient), it
  will barf a whole bunch of 'iwi0 hardware error' and that's it.

- if I put the machine to sleep and wake it up again, the wireless
  interface is no longer usable.  Resetting it hangs the machine.

- if I put the machine to sleep and wake it up again, the X display is
  shifted down by about half an inch.  This can be corrected by
  restarting X, but that was never necessary on my old T30 lapdog.

Any ideas about either issue?

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)