Subject: Re: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus200510@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/27/2005 12:24:47
Stéphane Witzmann <stephane.witzmann@gmail.com> writes:
> I removed all the RAM modules, and put the only one that has been working
> flawlessly with this machine until now. That fixed the warm boot problems.
> I booted Knoppix then NetBSD (warm boot), it didn't fix the sound problem
> this time. I think I am gonna fix my mainboard/RAM problems before trying
> to do anything else.

Is this the kind of boot that stores the dram contents in a
hibernation partition on disk?  If so, is that partition still big
enough to hold all of it after you added the extra dram?  It almost
sounds like it isn't, or the bios isn't storing all the dram contents
for some other reason.

I recall looking into adding more dram to an old laptop a few years
ago and there wasn't any documentation that I could find for the
format of the hibernation partition or how to create it without using
the manufacturer's "rescue" CD that started out by erasing the whole
disk.

-wolfgang