Subject: Re: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Witzmann <stephane.witzmann@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/27/2005 19:39:33
Stéphane Witzmann wrote:

> Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>
>> In message <djpi7f$uah$1@sea.gmane.org>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?=
>> Witzmann w r
>>>
>>>A few builds and reboots later... I was wrong again. What makes it work
>>>is just *luck*. The best (and only) fix I have found so far : reboot
>>>until it works.
>>>
>> Sounds like an initialization problem.  What happens if you first boot
>> some other OS, then warm-boot into NetBSD?
>>
>> --Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb
>
> It seems that my system doesn't like warm boots at all... but yes, the one
> time the hot reboot from Knoppix to NetBSD worked, the card sounded right.
> It also seems that the cooler the boot, the better it works.

I removed all the RAM modules, and put the only one that has been working
flawlessly with this machine until now. That fixed the warm boot problems.
I booted Knoppix then NetBSD (warm boot), it didn't fix the sound problem
this time. I think I am gonna fix my mainboard/RAM problems before trying
to do anything else.

S.W.