Subject: Re: pkgsrc survey
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/26/2005 11:29:59
Tue, 04 Oct 2005 @ 14:14 -0700, Jeremy C. Reed said:

> I have been told that email addresses and individual machine release
> levels will not be divulged to anyone and that only information relating
> to packages and pkgsrc will be used and will only present that to people.

If there is nothing unique to identify submissions, then how will you
know if the data collected is generally representative, or poisoned by a
smaller number who submit with much greater frequency?

I don't necessarily mean malice either, just an artifact of how often
various people send their submissions.

Of course, malice would be pretty trivial it seems.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall