Subject: Reviewing device probe information after bootup
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott R. Burns <Scott.Burns@Netcontech.Com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/23/2005 15:12:55
I am wondering if there is a method of reviewing device probe info after a
machine has been booted for some time ? I am running NetBSD/i386 V2.0.2 on
all machines but on my amanda tape server I have a large number of:

st0(ahc1:0:5:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x00 00 00 00 00 00
    SENSE KEY:  Not Ready
     ASC/ASCQ:  Medium Not Present

ch0(ahc1:0:5:1):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x00 20 00 00 00 00
    SENSE KEY:  Unit Attention
     ASC/ASCQ:  Import Or Export Element Accessed

messages which happen during normal operation of the tape changer. This
overflows the "msgbuf" buffer space and then I can no longer see the probe
info. Is there any way to "poke" the kernel and ask it for that info ? I
just received a notification  from HP of a FW upgrade required and I want to
check if my SCSI controller is below rev.

I guess this is only really a "problem" because I never have to reboot my
NetBSD boxes :-)

Thanks

Scott...

Scott R. Burns