Subject: USB uhci0: can't map i/o space problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rub=E9n_Gonz=E1lez?= Arnau <rga@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/23/2005 16:41:58
Hi,

I have got a problem with my USB on NetBSD 2.0.2, I think that I have all USB options in my kernel. (same problem with GENERIC)

grep ^u /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/NBSD
ukphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # generic unknown PHYs
uhci*   at pci? dev ? function ?        # Universal Host Controller (Intel)
usb*    at ehci?
usb*    at ohci?
usb*    at uhci?
usb*    at slhci?
uhub*   at usb?
uhub*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
uhidev* at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
ums*    at uhidev? reportid ?
ukbd*   at uhidev? reportid ?
uhid*   at uhidev? reportid ?
ulpt*   at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
umass*  at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
upl*    at uhub? port ?
ugen*   at uhub? port ?
-----------------------

But, my dmseg shows

uhci0 at pci0 dev 2 function 2: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (rev. 0x08)
uhci0: can't map i/o space
(nothing more)

I have got poor options in my BIOS, only USB ON/OFF, of course USB does not workyet.

Any idea how to fix it?

Tnaks in advance!
--
rga@sdf.lonestar.org

I had this sudden vision of a klein pizza containing all the mozarella
in the world.
		-- Peter da Silva