Subject: building 2.0 - cannot run C compiled programs?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Josh <josh@kajs.co.nz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/19/2005 12:10:40
Hello...

I am esing netbsd 2.0 on i386. I have the latest 2.0 src via cvs.

When I go to build the system:

$ cd /usr/src/
$ ./build.sh -U build
===> build.sh command: ./build.sh -U build
===> build.sh started: Wed Oct 19 12:07:25 NZDT 2005
===> No nonexistent/bin/nbmake, needs building.
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.

ERROR: Configure of nbmake failed
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

gcc is installed, and has sucessfully built other programs ( like qmail, various pkgsrc stuff )

Any ideas?