Subject: Re: [Dell PowerEdge 350] I2O support in NetBSD
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Igor Sobrado <igor@string1.ciencias.uniovi.es>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/18/2005 12:42:07
In message <20051014142507.GA26783@panix.com>, Thor Lancelot Simon writes:

> I don't think this machine actually includes an IOP.  If it doesn't
> show up on any PCI bus, even with ACPI_ACTIVATE_DEV and MPACPI_SCANPCI
> turned on, I think it's just not there.

Hi Thor.

You are absolutely right.  This machine does not include I2O processors.
I have looked at the (more detailed) documentation of the Intel 1100 ISP
server (the PowerEdge 350 is an ISP with a different front bezel) and
they do not describe these processors.  It seems that "I2O ready" means
"I2O not included but available".

On another, more urgent, issue.  I see that the IDE "lost interrupt"
messages are widely known on NetBSD if ACPI is enabled.  Has this
problem been fixed?  (most "lost interrupt" threads related with ACPI
were posted between 2003 and 2004).  Has it been fixed in a recent
Intel ACPI CA or NetBSD kernel?  I see that these "lost interrupt"
messages when ACPI is enabled are related with CD/DVD drives only!

I will play with ACPI options next weekend and post changes as a
reference to other PowerEdge users if I get it working.

Cheers,
Igor.