Subject: Re: recommended 939-board
To: Tim Jakobsen <tim@jakobsen.vg>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/13/2005 16:28:53
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Tim Jakobsen wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 09:21:36PM +0200, Wouter Schoot wrote:
>> Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
>>> Does an ultimate NetBSD-Athlon-939-board exist? I don't care about
>>> special features - I just want to buy hardware, which gets recognised by
>>> NetBSD.
>>> Sadly, Tyan just offers 939-boards with the nForce-chipset.. and I saw
>>> on 'mail-index' that this chipset isn't the real deal for NetBSD.
>>
>> Asus has an A8V board (which I have), but it has or had some problems
>> with the SK gbit chip onboard. See the AMD64 port list as well.
>
> I'm using an A8V too.. I've experienced no problems with the network
> adapter using i386 or amd64.

 	To use the network interface on an ASUS A8V you need to get
 	fixes which went in post 2.0, so get 2.1_RC or 3.0_BETA.
 	Likewise to use the additional ATA & SATA interfaces on a
 	A8V Deluxe.

 	Personally I'm very happy with the boards, just wish they had
 	a version with onboard VGA and that could take > 4GB memory.