Subject: What the heck is tooldir.NetBSD-2.0.2-sparc?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen T Albright <sta4@meadwestvaco.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/13/2005 07:44:06
--=_alternative 0040764E85257099_=

Sorry for the double post, but I was not sure if this is a port-sparc
question or just a dumb newbie question for the users list.

I am a new to NetBSD, although I do have a little experience with other
*NIXs.  So, here  is my sorry question:

I have just built my first SS20 with two internal SCSI drives and an
external drive on 2.0.  The installation only allowed for the setup of one
drive (at least as far as I can tell).  So, once I booting I tried to run
fdisk to set up the other two drives and I could not find it (tried which,
whereis, and find, and it does not seem to be anywhere).  I ftp'ed and
extracted the 2.0.2 src sets and found fdisk in /usr/src/sbin/fdisk, but I
needed to make fdisk.  I issued the make command and almost immediately
get:

make: exec(/usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-2.0.2-sparc/bin/nbmakeinfo) failed (No
such file or directory)

I cannot seem to find anything on this  tooldir.NetBSD-2.0.2-sparc or how
to install it.  Any thoughts?

Also, I am a little curious about fdisk in the first place.  Should it be
available after a fresh installation from a burned 2.0 CD?  What about
from an FTP installation?

Stephen Albright
Enterprise Information Solutions
MeadWestvaco
10 West Second Street
Dayton, OH 45463
Office:  937.495.1260
Cell:     937.344.9907
sta4@meadwestvaco.com

service._______________________________________________________________

This electronic message contains information from MeadWestvaco
Corporation or subsidiary companies, which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The
information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s)
named.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify MeadWestvaco
immediately at postmaster@MeadWestvaco.com.
--=_alternative 0040764E85257099_=

not sure if this is a port-sparc question or just a dumb newbie question
for the users list.</font>
have a little experience with other *NIXs. &nbsp;So, here &nbsp;is my sorry
question:</font>
two internal SCSI drives and an external drive on 2.0. &nbsp;The installation
only allowed for the setup of one drive (at least as far as I can tell).
&nbsp;So, once I booting I tried to run fdisk to set up the other two drives
and I could not find it (tried which, whereis, and find, and it does not
seem to be anywhere). &nbsp;I ftp'ed and extracted the 2.0.2 src sets and
found fdisk in /usr/src/sbin/fdisk, but I needed to make fdisk. &nbsp;I
issued the make command and almost immediately get:</font>
failed (No such file or directory)</font>
&nbsp;tooldir.NetBSD-2.0.2-sparc or how to install it. &nbsp;Any thoughts?</font>
in the first place. &nbsp;Should it be available after a fresh installation
from a burned 2.0 CD? &nbsp;What about from an FTP installation?</font>
Stephen Albright<br>
Enterprise Information Solutions<br>
MeadWestvaco<br>
10 West Second Street<br>
Dayton, OH 45463<br>
Office: &nbsp;937.495.1260<br>
Cell: &nbsp; &nbsp; 937.344.9907<br>
sta4@meadwestvaco.com<br>

<BR>
________________________________________________________________________<BR>
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan<BR>
service._______________________________________________________________<BR>
<BR>
This electronic message contains information from MeadWestvaco<BR>
Corporation or subsidiary companies, which may be confidential,<BR>
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The<BR>
information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s)<BR>
named.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that<BR>
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this<BR>
transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If you have<BR>
received this transmission in error, please notify MeadWestvaco<BR>
immediately at postmaster@MeadWestvaco.com.<BR>

--=_alternative 0040764E85257099_=--