Subject: "XML::Parser perl module..."
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/12/2005 03:38:55
Hello,

I'm trying to build a piece of software that seems to
depend on textproc/intltool, but I can't seem to build
that because of something called a "Parser perl module"
(transcript below).  The config.log module either does
not exist, or is located somewhere I can't find it.

s/module/file/

Any clues would be most welcome.

- Andy Ball

almond# make
===> *** No /mnt/annex/src/pkgsrc/distfiles/pkg-vulnerabilities file found,
===> *** skipping vulnerability checks. To fix, install
===> *** the pkgsrc/security/audit-packages package and run
===> *** '/usr/pkg/sbin/download-vulnerability-list'.
===> Configuring for intltool-0.34.1
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking for gawk... /usr/bin/awk
checking for i386--netbsdelf-strip... no
checking for strip... strip
checking for perl... /usr/pkg/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /mnt/annex/src/pkgsrc/textproc/intltool
===>
===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
===> Please investigate the following for more information:
===>      * config.log
===>      * /mnt/annex/src/pkgsrc/textproc/intltool/work/.work.log
===>
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /mnt/annex/src/pkgsrc/textproc/intltool
almond#