Subject: Re: Building NTOP 3.1 fails
To: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@gravier.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/11/2005 08:45:10
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> I got the same, made libz.la manually - copied one of the existing .la
> files (libpng.la), edited it with the obvious values and then created
> the four necessary links to the libraries in /usr/lib. It is currently
> compiling. I have no idea why this was in the first place.

>> grep: /usr/pkgsrc/net/ntop/work/.buildlink/lib/libz.la: No such file or
>> directory

I assume that the developer testing net/ntop used zlib from
pkgsrc/devel/zlib, but you are using native libz.

Maybe we need to have the buildlink framework generate a .la file.

I have carbon-copied this email to tech-pkg. Maybe continue discussion
there instead.

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/