Subject: Re: recommended 939-board
To: None <>
From: Petar Bogdanovic <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/10/2005 08:33:10
Dieter wrote:
 > What isn't "real deal" about the nForce-chipset?  (I must have missed
that thread.)

The following Mails are the most recent ones:

 > The nforce4 boards were the only ones I could find that supported

Erm.. you just wrote a few days ago, that NCQ seems to be unsupported by

 > The only "not configured" in NetBSD's dmesg are:
 > Nvidia nForce4 Memory Controller (miscellaneous memory, revision
0xa3) at pci0 dev 0 function 0 not configured
 > Nvidia nForce4 SMBus (SMBus serial bus, revision 0xa2) at pci0 dev 1
function 1 not configured
 > Nvidia product 0x0057 (miscellaneous bridge, revision 0xa3) at pci0
dev 10 function 0 not configured

What is this anyway? I suppose, the last one has something to do with
nVidias 'ActiveArmour'-Firewall..

 > I haven't tried the onboard Ethernet or audio yet.

Could you do that for me? ;)

With kind regards,