Subject: Re: Ral Driver in 2.1 or 3 only?
To: None <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/07/2005 13:03:17
--------------enigC6C9628AA54C7C6F69E8952C

Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:

>On Thursday 06 October 2005 11:03 pm, Jared Kuolt wrote:
>

>>Is the ral driver going to be in 2.1? When I saw it in the man page,
>>

>Definitely not.
>

>>it had NetBSD in it, does that mean it's debuting in 3.0 only?
>>

>No, 3.1 at minimum, most likely 4.0, it's already available in -current since
>about 3.99.[67].

The reason it's not in anything newer than -current yet is, if I
understand correctly, that the driver uses the new 802.11 framework,
which still needs some work before it's ready to be pulled up into a
release. Presumably, if it stabilizes, it can be pulled up into 3.1 (and
will definitely be in 4.0).  It's doubtful whether anyone will want to
do the work to pull it into 2.2.

+j